Friday, November 25, 2016

FAN FEATURES: "The Birds" Journal Page by Sue!

Welcome to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hello Portal Peeps!
On Nov 11 we launched FAN FEATURES, our new LCPtoC segment where we proudly showcase projects created by our fabulous Event and Challenge Winners using their rubber stamp prizes!  So if you've won one of our past activities then we would love to see what you created with your winnings!  Submit your projects for Fan Feature consideration to Leigh at LeighSBDesigns@cox.net or via Facebook messenger! 
All of our Fan Features get this snazzy badge to proudly display on their blogs!

It's now time to welcome our 2nd Fan Feature project to LCPtoC!

"The Birds" by Sue


Sue made this fabulous journal page featuring her prize rubber stamp set, Lost Coasts Designs Mini Whimsical Birds set #2.

I now hand you over to Sue....ENJOY!
 
Hi, I'm Sue, and thank you very much for having me as guest designer this month.
Halloween may be over but you can never beat a good Hitchcock film, and with this in mind, this is what I made.
 I love these Mini Whimsical Birds, and with one eye closed, and in a certain light, I guess they could be scary!  Mmm maybe not LOL. 
 I made the background first by just painting a piece of card with Aquatints then dropping water over the top.  The circle is a mask for the moon.  The moon was the bane of my life, I kept painting the white part black and vice versa,  I knew it looked wrong but i couldn't work out why!
Next I stenciled in the trees with black gesso.  I'd given up on the moon by this point, painted all over in white and started again.  I've put some spooky eyes in the trees with a white paint pen, just to show the birds what spooky should look like!
 Boo!  I think Hitchcock would be proud of these little guys.  They've been embossed and painted, and what they lack in scaryness they make up for in googly eyes!
 These are some MDF trees that I've painted in very un-tree like colours.  I also photographed them deliberately ou of focus just to make them look scarier - does sound convincing, I didn't think so...
All put together...
 ....and from the side.  This will go in my journal once I a) Move out of the garage and back into my craft room, and b) Find my journal.  Last seen in a box marked 'help me'.
All good Hitchcock films need a scary quote.
Mine was typed on my old typewriter, which now has a new ribbon.  
 Look at that face, are you scared yet LOL?

I had such fun making this, and thank you once again for having me.
Sue xx 

 Materials List
Lost Coasts Designs Mini Whimsical Birds set #2
7x 7 white card
Aquatints
tree stencil
bird stencil
coloured card
thread for matting and layering
white and black card for stamping
white and black embossing powder
black gesso 
MDF trees 
Pebeo paint 
googly eyes

Thank you Sue for sharing your fabulous journal page with us today!  Now go find your poor journal that is need of rescuing!

http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2016/11/challenge-30-thankful-give-thanks.html
 Before you go a quick reminder about current challenge that closes TONIGHT at 5 to midnight PST!
All our event and challenge prizes are awarded based on the amount of entries so the more you play the better the prize!
Now don't stray too far....our December activities will be kicking off soon with a new Event and a new Challenge....the LCDesigners are getting very festive so STAY AND PLAY with us!

Leigh S-B
The Sharpie Domino Queen
LCD/CV DT Leader

4 comments:

Paula F (MuseOfMixedMedia.blogspot.com) said...

Fabulous layering and depth, Sue! WTG!

valscraftings said...

Love the background and those bird stamps!

Darlene said...

beautiful !

Nikki W said...

Such a fun and active piece with all those birds. Love it Sue.